Author Topic: Catnaps in cot ok??  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Lizzie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Catnaps in cot ok??
« on: August 31, 2005, 16:20:57 pm »
My DS is 6months + 1 week & still really needs a catnap in the late afternoon due to his other 2 naps not being very long (am working on extending these).
Have just read somewhere that the catnap should be anywhere but the cot! Could this be why he has started to wake frequently at night, especially after the 45 min mark?? Should I just try to cut it out completely as he should be able to go without it at his age??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lizzie

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Catnaps in cot ok??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 16:27:20 pm »
I don't know if this is the "bw" way but I did a lot of accidental parenting in the beginning before my dd's reflux was diagnosed. I would let her have ALL her naps in her swing. Once we were diagnosed I worked on getting her two main naps to be in the crib. I did leave the catnap in the swing as I knew we would be dropping it soon. That doesn't really answer your question but... maybe he's ready to drop the catnap altogether? When this happened for us it was a slow transition. Somedays she needed it, somedays not. As you probably know, the 45 minute mark is the end of a "cycle" and you're lo may just need help at night to get through it. Try going in right before the 45 min. mark and laying your hand on him to help him through that jolt.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Catnaps in cot ok??
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 23:34:29 pm »
dd2 currently does catnap in cot and does not have any nightwakings so i don't personaly see a link.

could be waking frequiently if overtired fromnot enough naps??

we are working on this as well - that is why we still have the catnap at 6 1/2 mo too
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified