Author Topic: Playing During Naptime!  (Read 1180 times)

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Playing During Naptime!
« on: August 31, 2005, 22:23:28 pm »
My ds is 9 mos old, and was always a good napper (or should I say that we trained him to be thanks to BW  :) ).  For the past couple weeks, he shows his tired cues, and I put him to sleep.  However, he will play in his crib, usually until his next feeding.  After about an hour, he might start to cry, and when I resettle him and walk out, he starts to play again. 

If he doesn't sleep and I eventually get him for his next feeding, do I let him try again to take a nap after a little while, or hold him off and try at the next naptime?  He has been going all day without a minute of sleep, and by the end of the day, the poor baby is so tired he is like a zombie.  Could he be ready for one nap this young?  (I hope not!  Mom loves naptime!)  Any advice?
Sheila
ng

Offline amheusser

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
Playing During Naptime!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 18:44:30 pm »
Has this resolved itself yet?  I remember dd1 did something similar around 10 months, and at the time a lot of ladies here said they had a similar experience.  It's like a preview of the 2-1 nap transition, that should go away in a couple weeks.

If it hasn't, try upping the activity level during the day (more outside time, more interaction, more physical play), and/or try putting him down 1/2 hour later, even if you see tired cues. 

I hope it gets better for you - I know what you mean about mommy needing naptimes!
Aubrey
-------------------------------