Author Topic: He keeps biting me!! HELP!!  (Read 926 times)

Offline Horsey Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 01, 2005, 16:48:39 pm »
Okay, my ds is almost 6 months old, now has two bottom teeth and almost everytime I feed him now, he gives me a nip!! Sometimes it's just a little nip, other times he clamps down! Either way, it hurts! And I don't want to stop bf, because I feel he is too young and I really love it. But I'm also not going to continue nursing the little chomper because I'm afraid one day he's going to bite me so hard he's gong to do serious damage. And those two little teeth will only come in more and more will come!!

HELP! I don't know what to do to stop him, I'v tried taking the boob away (stop feeding instantly), squealing in pain to scare him, saying "No! Ouch Caden!", but none seems to work. If I squeal now, he just looks at me, if I say "no", he just smiles at me! Oh, what do I do! If I don't get this fixed soon, he's goning to be weaned for fear of loosing nipples!

He does the same thing to spoons when we feed he, he clamps down on those too.

Chelle

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
He keeps biting me!! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 00:27:55 am »
I wonder if he now thinks your squeal is fun!  :roll:  It's usually recommended to say firmly, "no biting" and take your breast away and it's a good idea to stop nursing altogether for a little while (a few minutes) and maybe offer a teether.  Also, babies won't nurse and bite at the same time, so you need to really watch him - when he slows down the sucking, it's the most likely time for a bite.  Have you tried giving him some Tylenol about a half hour before nursing?  Maybe if his teeth aren't bugging him so much, he won't try to use you as a human teether!  :(
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha