Author Topic: Just started 4month old on EASY  (Read 1477 times)

Offline txmom72

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 01, 2005, 17:30:17 pm »
Just started my four month old on easy (about 3/12 to 4 hour routine).  She had basically been on that except I would rock her to sleep swaddled. 
My question is.. Do I feed her when she wakes at night?  Obviously not if she wakes every hour, but if shewakes every 3-4 hours and obviously wants to nurse?  Or do I pat shush?  I feel like the pat shush has become a prop.  We just started on Sunday (today is day 5) and last night I had to go in there 6 times to put her back to sleep!  agh!  Last night was the worst (other than the first day when it was a NIGHTMARE!).
I guess i just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong!
Please any suggestions would be great!

Offline SandyGal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 00:57:44 am »
The adjustment period will take a bit of time (up to two weeks) for a four month old, so be patient with the transition time. Pay attention to your baby... if you think she's hungry then feed her at her night waking. If you get her back to sleep and she is waking in a short time, then maybe she was hungry. Also, if she takes a full feed and then goes back to sleep without much fight then she was probably hungry. When she learns independent sleep, you will be better able to tell if she is waking out of hunger or just for a visit from you. Tracey's book recommends doing the PU/PD routine at this age as opposed to shhh/pat, so your instinct might be correct that the shhh/pat is becoming a prop.
Sandy-Mom to Kyra (1-7-04) and Kylan (9-20-05)