Author Topic: Swaddling - why does it always turns into a struggle?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline leadfqqt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Swaddling - why does it always turns into a struggle?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 16:02:19 pm »
Linda

My girl is the same age and acts the same way.  No the miracle blankets are just right.  I put her in a warm sleeper and she still doesnt get overheated.  They are worth a try.  Somehow my daughter even figured how to get an arm out of the mb.  I now have to make sure she is really tight in there.  She is so strong and good at being a wiggle worm.  So far this is the only blanket that she has not been able to break (besides that one time)

Jen

Offline Lindy Loo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 10:25:24 am »
Oh thanks Jen
I will try and get one then ...
Going to start PU/PD in next few days so will get it first.

Linda :o)

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
swaddling
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 11:02:29 am »
my son Ethan is a really snuggly baby.  he was four months on wednesday and we still swaddle.  i was worried about swaddling too, specifically that we were doing it for WAY too long but when he can sleep up to 9 hours swaddled and only a max of 5 unswaddled, it was a no brainer!  Now i am slowly unswaddling, starting with one arm held up near his mouth to suck or leaving one arm unswaddled to avoid that jolting wake up as his arms fall to his crib.  Sometimes he can unswaddle himself, in which case i leave him to sleep and try reswaddling in the crib when he moans (a bit of a success!).
as for heat, we spent part of the summer in Canada durring 30 + degree weather which Ethan was unused to (normal home = UK).  we kept swaddling as he was in our room but left him in diaper only and more cuddly sheet.
just my experiences, good luck to you!

Offline kzener

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 16:42:24 pm »
My DS also needs to be swaddled but isn't the biggest fan of it.  I tried the Miracle Blanket and it was great.  However we live in AZ and it gets really hot.  Even with only a diaper he was clammy and warm in it. (Also..he is pretty small so the fabric had to wrap around multiple times)

I returned to the Aussie Swaddle so that he could keep his arms up and suck on his hands.  (See Aussie Swaddle post for instructions. I had to modify it a bit for it to work well for me)

- Kim
Owen, 2 mo, Textbook/Touchy