Author Topic: HELP ME GET HER TO SLEEP ON A NIGHT PLZ.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline gemmamarshall

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP ME GET HER TO SLEEP ON A NIGHT PLZ.
« on: September 01, 2005, 19:19:07 pm »
My daughter is 17 weeks old, and will only sleep during the day for a period of time. On a night in her cot she wakes at least every hour, until i put her in bed with me, where she will just wake up to be fed. But as we're sharing a bed , my partner has to sleep in the spare room. I know i should keep her up on the day but this makes her very grouchy   :evil:. I can't leave her too cry beacuse she gets hysterical quickly and holds her breath.
xxxgemxxx

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 02:01:13 am »
Gem,

How much is she sleeping during the day?  Could you post what her day looks like?

My lo had a hard time going to sleep at about 10 wks at nighttime too.  Do you have a routine you do with her every night?  I do the exact same thing every night before bed:  bath, massage with lotion, read a story, bf then to bed.  I did pat/shh at that age in her crib til she was asleep.  I also gave her a paci (she would've gladly used me as a paci if I let her  :wink: ) & lovey, which she still associates sleeptime to this day.  Also when does she wake from her last nap?  Trying to see how many hours she's awake before bedtime.

Kathy

Offline gemmamarshall

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:42:55 am »
she'll sleep for between 4 and 6 hours through the day if she's in the pram and i'm out and about, i try to have a routine, but am gonna try harder next week when i'm back at my own house.
xxxgemxxx