Author Topic: They ruined it!  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Annie-O

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
They ruined it!
« on: September 01, 2005, 20:01:09 pm »
Hello,
It's been a long time since I've posted, but when I started having a problem I knew where to turn!  I hope you have suggestions!  We have slowly been acclimating 17 m dd to day care at church.  SHe usually goes for about 10 mins. then they page us because she starts to cry.  This Sunday we put her in and didn't hear anything until the service was almost done.  I was thrilled that she had gone so long by herself, but when I got there, she was really upset and the lady said she cried the whole time!!!  Since then, dd won't go to sleep during the day!  We use the same routine as always but she starts screaming when I leave the room.  I'm at my wit's end because she is sooo grumpy from lack of sleep.  I'm pretty sure that it related to the child care because she  still goes down great at night.  Any suggestions?  I'm desparate!  TIA!
Andrea
Andrea

Daniela 4/9/04
Charlie 12/15/07

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
They ruined it!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 00:36:45 am »
Try skipping church.  Stay in there with her for a day.  Show her how much fun the environment is, while trying to stay out of the way, and don't hold her all the time.  Stay back where she can see you, but let her play with the other kids.  Might help ease the transition for her and you can get a look at how the nursery is run.