Author Topic: over tired, how do you get back on track?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline julia cottam

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
over tired, how do you get back on track?
« on: September 01, 2005, 20:03:32 pm »
Some times I accidently miss my babies cue to have first morning nap about 9am, when i do he becomes over tired and he really fusses about going to sleep and then will sleep fretfully waking after 10 mins and then 30mins and will then wake cranky and not feed properly and then activity is useless as over tired, but won't go to sleep again, and then the day is ruined as he continues to not sleep and therefore feed properly so he spends day grumpy with hunger and tiredness.  When I catch him in time he's an angel baby and sleeps 3x for 1.5 hours and goes down at 7pm no probs. Is there any trick to save the rest of the day if this happens? How do I get him to take the nap? Ben is 7 weeks old.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:06:42 am »
Hello!  How are you getting him to sleep at the moment?  For the naps where is he waking up early, you could try to extend them using pat/ssh as well as using pat/sshh for the remaining naps.  There is tons of info on the naps forum that would probably help you - make sure to check out the stickys and announcements too  :D

Congrats on your little one!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 13:08:03 pm »
Hi Julie

I'm going to move this over to the nap forum as I think its more of a nap issue than a bottle feeding issue.

love
Marie