Author Topic: Teething?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline jjstar

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.leavingalegacyretreats.com
Teething?
« on: September 01, 2005, 21:13:31 pm »
Hi ladies...I'm hoping that you might be able to offer some advice/support. My LO is teething and has been waking up at night I assume because of the pain. (Past two nights it has been almost exactly 4 hours after the last tylenol dose.) Here is my question, would I be so awful if I nursed him to help sooth him? He doesn't take a paci and when I haven't nursed him it has taken almost 2 hours to get him settled and back to sleep. I was just thinking that maybe if I nursed him and he was settled that he wouldn't be losing to much sleep. TIA
Jill, proud mother to Jameson born 05.05.05,
touchy/textbook baby!

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Teething?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 00:05:47 am »
It's up to you.  If you're asking, will it help in the short term - no doubt!  It's easier for us, easier for them...there's a reason babies like to nurse! :wink: He WILL become used to it, and you'll have to break the habit later...  I have to say that I do it when she's sick or in pain, so do I think it's awful? No. :) He's still fairly young, so it shouldn't be too hard to change back later, and when he's older, you can start using infant Motrin, which lasts much longer than Tylenol.  :D
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline jjstar

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.leavingalegacyretreats.com
Teething?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 00:34:39 am »
thanks for your input Erin!
Jill, proud mother to Jameson born 05.05.05,
touchy/textbook baby!