Author Topic: 22 month old still sleeping in our bed!  (Read 1413 times)

Offline sweetpea1602

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
22 month old still sleeping in our bed!
« on: September 02, 2005, 09:24:23 am »
Help any ideas how to get into his own bed.  He cries when we leave him and that is in our own bed, I have to lie next to him until he falls asleep and that can take up to an hour sometimes more.   So I imagine big problems in trying to get him in his own bed.  He is still breast feeding and is insisting on a feed before he goes to bed.   I ask him if he would like to sleep in his own bed and he says no.   ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  Thanks

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 18:49:22 pm »
See if you can find a copy of The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. She has a lot of good ideas for this type of problem, and her approach is very nice.
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Mommy Moo

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 19:16:07 pm »
How about putting a mattress or sleeping bag at the foot of your bed or on the floor next to your bed and gradually getting him to move closer to his room?  I really feel for you because I still have to lie down with my almost 3 year old, but she has a double mattress so I just lie down with her in her room until she goes to sleep. Then I go out to my own bed.

The Dr. Sears website also has some info on this stuff:
http://askdrsears.com/faq/sl21.asp
http://askdrsears.com/faq/sl2.asp

Lots of questions here:
http://askdrsears.com/faqs.asp#sl

Hope some of that helps.
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline cora n henry's mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 19:31:44 pm »
What type of temperment is he?  Where does he take his naps?  Are you planning to stop breastfeeding any time soon or do you plan to continue for a while longer? 

With his birthday coming, you could use it as a way to make "Big Boy" changes.  You can start talking about how he's growing up and how he's such a big boy now and that he's going to be getting his own big boy bed, for example.  He can help you pick it out, get a blanket and sheets, a special lovey, etc.  Get him really excited about the whole thing.  Then if he's not taking naps in his own spot already, start there with the intention of building up into him going to sleep on his own in his own room.  Pick up put down will still work with a little guy his age, but it will most definatley be a struggle.  Do it on a weekend, and have HELP.
Elisabeth

Cora Elisabeth 07/08/03
Henry Peter 12/08/05