Author Topic: sleep training starting tonight...need quick advice  (Read 1174 times)

Offline maddiemommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
sleep training starting tonight...need quick advice
« on: September 02, 2005, 11:46:39 am »
Hi. My lo is 4 months old today. I've been implementing EASY over the past 2 weeks. Started out with 3hr routine , gave up for a few days to figure things out, and then started right out on a 4 hr which is working great and we've been doing it all week. I haven't been really working on independant sleep yet though, although I've quit nursing her to sleep during the day. I still nurse to sleep at bedtime and the MANY times she wakes during the night.  Here's her routine (we often do EAEASY since I'm BF and we're breaking a snacking all day habit, plus don't want to have a drop in supply)

E 700ish wake, bf (although most of the time isn't hungry after a night of eating)
A
E 800 BF again if she didn't eat at 7
A
S 900 nap
Y

E 1100 bf
A
S 100 nap
Y

E 300ish
A
S 500
Y

E 600
A
E 745 nurse to sleep for bedtime
1100 DF (but lately she's been waking on her own for this)

Problem is she's waking at least 5 times a night and I'm EXHAUSTED!!! So tonight I'm taking my toddler and sleeping over at my inlaws while poor DH is going to deal with Madelen all night.  We've got to break this eat all night and not taking good feeds during the day cycle. Plus, now that I've got a good routine going, I want to really work on independant sleep.
So...here's my question. Madelen is still sleeping in our room but want to move her to her own room. She we go ahead and do that tonight? Or should we get her secure falling asleep on her own before moving to her own room. Plus, I've never swaddled her...should we begin? Any advice for her first night of no nursing/falling asleep on her own? (I'm glad I'm not going to be here, I know I'd give in!) Any quick repsonses? I'm in Europe and we're 6 hours ahead so it's not that long til bedtime. THANKS SO MUCH!! :)
Alicia
SAHM to
Emilie Joy 2
Madelen Grace 3 months

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
sleep training starting tonight...need quick advice
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 11:22:34 am »
IMHO, i would get her out of my room pronto.  i think it would be easier for her to not want you if she isn't lying near you & can smell your milk.

my thoughts, though i have not been in that situation myself......
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy