Author Topic: Waving arms  (Read 1339 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Waving arms
« on: September 02, 2005, 18:21:13 pm »
Caeden has started waving his arm around during feeding. Any suggestions on how to stop this? It is a little annoying. I know he is just enjoying this freedom of movement, but......
He does okay if I hold his hand, but sometimes I want to read, be on the computer or something while I feed so I don't like to do this all the time.
I have been trying to give him a small blankie thing we have, but it doesn't seem to be catching on real well. Should I keep trying this or do you have any other ideas of things that worked for you?
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Waving arms
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 18:30:32 pm »
Sorry hon, bad news, it's all downhill from here! :P

Only joking, but apparently they all do it. First the arms, then the eyes/head move around to look at any noise, then the legs start. Ds is practically Riverdancing some days! I don't think there is much you can do. Have you got a boppy or comfy cushions? I found it improved slightly when his whole body was supported (he's very long).  I even tried swaddling once, but that just made him cross!

BTW I saw you other post about pacis. I think the advice is to replace about once a month, so if you've got 3 @ 3 months old, I'd think they're about due for a replace.

HTH
Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Waving arms
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 20:41:45 pm »
Just wait until he start poking his finger up your nose! You think the arm-waving is annoying.... :roll:
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Waving arms
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 21:21:05 pm »
I do have a boppy and use it most of the time. Swaddling does help but I can only do it when he is sleepy otherwise he just wiggles out.  He is so funny when I try and swaddle him awake - I get one arms down and the other one goes up and I grab that one and the other one is gone..... round and round till Mama gets the better of it!

Thanks for the info - looks like I will keep trying the blankie and see if we can stave off the progression any with that!  :wink:
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

annamum

Waving arms
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 21:22:57 pm »
Not to mention acrobatics they start later... My dd was able to almost stand on her head while nursing in a bed. She is my little yoga girl   :lol: .