Author Topic: do you ever feel silly?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
do you ever feel silly?
« on: September 02, 2005, 21:22:34 pm »
hi everyone

i've posted a bunch on these boards and gotten so much great advice from everyone. so much that ds ONLY falls asleep in his crib now! not in the stroller, my arms, or in the car (well, in the car for about 20 mins lol)

but do you ever feel silly standing over your lo and patting for 20+ mins, only to rush in after 40 mins and pat again, 3x a day?  :roll: or do you ever feel bad telling pple you can only go out with baby for 2hrs at a time and definitely never after 7 or 8pm?

just wondering if anyone feels the way i do  :D ds is almost 5mo so hopefully as he gets older and A time is longer i can have a social life again!!

selena
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 00:55:40 am »
I won't say I feel silly, but I guess what else would u call it? But, in the long scheme of things, if she really does learn to sleep by herself, I would call it time "well spent".

I am more a hands on kind of person, so I feel like I could so something else in the time (like be here), but I've gotten over that feeling, and am glad I found this great book, and a greater web-site which helps me understand my daughter and teaches her some invaluable things.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
do you ever feel silly?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 01:36:09 am »
I've been working on nap extending too, and I feel really silly kneeling by the crib every nap, setting a timer so I don't miss the 40min mark, and holding my breath for 20 min.  It's very tiring.  I wish I had someone in the room with me to hold up a book or something to entertain me in my lonely vigil. :)

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
do you ever feel silly?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 11:29:12 am »
Quote from: cwolff
I wish I had someone in the room with me to hold up a book or something to entertain me in my lonely vigil. :)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

selena, it does get better - in fact when your lo is older you will marvel at how easily he falls asleep!!! (and other mommies will be jealous!)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
do you ever feel silly?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 13:35:09 pm »
jaime, thanks so much for the encouragement! i guess i just need perspective.

cwolff- you're much more refined than i. forget the books, i just wish someone would bring me a snack  :D
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline Tamara

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
do you ever feel silly?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 18:21:52 pm »
I remember feeling EXACTLY like you describe.

And yes, it was and still is INCREDIBLY annoying that DD won't sleep anywhere else but her cot  :roll:

Gets better as they get older though and awake time lenghthens

Offline Netspi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
do you ever feel silly?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 18:58:28 pm »
I have to say that I couldn't live my life where Rose doesn't sleep anywhere but her cot. Sometimes she has to sleep in her car seat or her buggy but I am grateful that she sleeps from at latest 8pm to 7am with only 1 x 20 min feed in the night. Her routine is all important and I wouldn't stay out with her after bathtime but during the day, as long as she gets her sleep, it has to be wherever we are and whatever we are doing.... Is that wrong?