Author Topic: 3.5mo old waking several times at night  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Nick'sMom2005

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 03, 2005, 02:29:49 am »
My DS goes to bed between 7-8pm, sleeps usually 5 hrs, after that needs to eat (BFing) he goes back down ok, but then wakes up every 1-2 hrs the rest of the night.  He has never slept more than 5 hrs, usually less.

*he has reflux (not sure it makes a difference)

I could use some suggestions, thanks.
~Sarah
Nicholas Philip~05/12/05~Textbook/Angel Baby

Offline Nick'sMom2005

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 23:45:17 pm »
anyone? Is this 'normal'
~Sarah

Offline andyg2

• Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 332
  • Escaped the west
    • Dumaguete Info
3.5mo old waking several times at night
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 00:01:39 am »
Sounds OK to me! Some babies sleep more than others. Luckily my DD has almost always slept all night. The odd time she didn't sleep through was often for some unobvious reason (a light on, a light off, window closed, window open, door open, door closed, too hot, too cold, hot milk, cold milk) you get the idea. I'm pretty sure that we didn't find the cause of many of her wakings but we tried changing the odd thing and it seemed to work. Maybe it will for you? try "being her" you may see, feel, smell or sense something you didn't expect.

Hope this helps,
Andy
Andy Gee - Forum Administrator

Offline albertasweetpea

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:19:35 am »
Hi Sarah - unfortunately that sounds about right for your son's age  :shock:
My DD went through the same thing a few weeks ago...it is sooooo exhausting, but, as with most things with our wee ones, it will soon pass!
I notice you are breast feeding your son? I think it is normal he wakes more often to eat as well. Are you doing the dream feed?? We introduced the DF to Molly at about 3 months and now she goes to bed around 7, we dream feed her around 11 (she is bottle fed) and then she doesn't eat again until morning (between 7 am and 9 am).
She only takes about 20-26 oz. during the day, including the DF and yet still does not seem to need the middle of the night feeding. Her waking was just "developmental" as they say on here I guess.
Like I said, it does pass, try to hang in there!! One day he will surprise you and sleep through for a few hours longer.  :lol:
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag

Offline Nick'sMom2005

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 12:41:48 pm »
thanks Michelle

I was DF but he started refusing it so I stopped and just wait for him to wake. last night he ate at 5pm, went down about 745pm woke at 10 to eat. SLept from 10-1230, I gave him his paci, then at 230 I fed him, he started to wake and stir a little about 530, I let him be till 630 and fed him again, He was up for the dat at 730, and is now sleeping again (840am)
~Sarah

Offline mommycarrie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My boys!!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 04:50:13 am »
oh, your little guy is too cute :!:

I know it sounds completely crazy but I read it on the boards here and tried it.....put him to bed early :shock:  it worked for us.  I now have 11 wakeless nights under my belt and counting.  I didn't put him to bed early for the whole time but it helps them sleep longer for some reason.  you said he goes to bed btwn 7&8 so you may want to try for 6/6:30.

Because of breastfeeding I had problems doing the d/f, but I gave EBM in a bottle and it worked.  If he is waking for the d/f try to pick different times btwn 10 and 11 when you think he is in a deep sleep....it works better that way.

Got more questions....just keep asking...that's what we're here for :wink:

Carrie