Author Topic: Everything going wrong!  (Read 1613 times)

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Everything going wrong!
« on: September 03, 2005, 05:24:34 am »
My dd is 12 weeks old and all of a sudden everything has gone horrible wrong!!  she is on 4 hour EASY and now wont nap longer than 45 mins during the day.  I thought I could work on this and it gave me hope that she slept from 7.30 at night till 7.30 in the morning with a feed around 5.00am. 

But that has changed too...!! now she wakes at 2.00am takes a full feed then wakes again at 5.30am but takes only a little food...!!

Am i doing something wrong??

Me and dh are beyond tired now as there is just no rest time for us..

Lizzie

Offline Nick'sMom2005

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 00:11:33 am »
I cannot say exactly what is going on, but I do know that babies evolve and change they 'routine'.

I know it can be very hard and I miss my sleep too!

Lots of luck!
~Sarah
Nicholas Philip~05/12/05~Textbook/Angel Baby

Offline andyg2

• Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 332
  • Escaped the west
    • Dumaguete Info
Everything going wrong!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 00:22:14 am »
Hi,
It's hard to tell without the personal relationship you have with your baby but I would be tempted to not offer a feed at 5:30 but instead help her back to sleep and see how it goes. We often found that changing a routine was often a great way to get back on track after a hiccup. And that's almost certainly what's happened just a hiccup. What ever happens, there's no need to worry! Just keep trying!

Hope this helps,
Andy
Andy Gee - Forum Administrator

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Everything going wrong!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 00:35:25 am »
12 weeks may be a little early for a 4 hour EASY...Tracey recommends a 3hour cycle until 4 months. I`d be tempted to feed a little more often during the day...which is easy to do if she`s only napping for 45 minutes only anyway. also at 3 months there`s a growth spurt, so she may be hungry all the time for a few days...it`s important to feed her whenever she needs it during the growth spurt...she may be eating every couple of hours and more than usual at night...don`t worry if it is a growth spurt then things will settle down in a few days, but like I say i`d be tempted to then do a 3 hour EASY not 4 so she gets more calories in during the day. 45minute naps happen for all babies at various stages...i think it`s a developmental thing. you can try to extend her naps, or feed when she wakes up to make the EASY cycles more like 2/2.5 hours  or do EASAE, whatever feels best to you. good luck...you will get more sleep soon. going 7.30 - 7.30 with just one feed is doing really well for her age, so you`re on the right track.
Our beautiful baby girl is....