Author Topic: Should I wake her after the night sleep?  (Read 1185 times)

jade's mum

Should I wake her after the night sleep?
« on: September 04, 2005, 00:37:27 am »
This may sound like a crazy question, but i just need to know!

My lo is 7 wks old and last night she slept from 11pm - 9am (amazing, huh?)  Usually she sleeps for a 5-7 hour stretch at night but never 10 hours.

Ofcourse I'm very very appreciative about it, but am just wondering if that's too much sleep at night and if I let her sleep that long, will it disrupt her day time naps? She's a little on the touchy side, so getting her to nap during the day is usually a very long affair and can take me up to 45min - 1hr.

any advice would be great! thanx

su-en  :D

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:31:00 am »
i would run with it and thank my lucky stars!!!  :D  :D

hope she keeps it up for you.

naps are a separate ball game - sleeping longer at night may actually make it easier... but even if it doesn't, it can take a lot longer to nap train. 

good luck
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 14:25:16 pm »
Hopefully this helps...

My 4 mo old usually sleeps from 6 pm to between 6 and 7 am straight...this morning she slept until 7:30 am! Talk about lucky (we're waiting for it to run out). That was out fault though, we accidently slept in until then, we usually get her up at 7 regardless so she takes her naps at the right time. When she sleeps this late, sometimes she has a good nap day, other times she has a bad nap day. It's really like any other day. But it takes a load off my shoulders when she does sleep 12 hours, it means I only really have to make up for 3 hours in naps minimum, so if she has a bad nap day, she can get only an hour per nap and be relatively rested (although we've learned that our lo thrives best on 16-17 hours of sleep/day).

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

jade's mum

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 00:09:30 am »
thanks for the advice guys, I guess I should count my lucky stars and hope she does it again! But I am pretty grateful that she regularly sleeps 7 - 8 hours a night  :D

It's a good point to note though that I shouldn't get too stressed if she doesn't nap for a full 2hrs each time because she has had such a good night's sleep.

thanks again!