Author Topic: where to start  (Read 1338 times)

Offline beamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
  • San Jose, California, USA
where to start
« on: September 04, 2005, 04:16:24 am »
Hi all-it's been awhile since I've been on these boards!
Monica is 2 weeks old and is doing really well overall but I'm feeling like I need to start with a bit of sleep training.

She is pretty much on a 3hr routine. Sometimes she falls asleep while eating (I am breastfeeding) other times not.
At night, she does great going right back to sleep (gracias a Dios!)
During the day she has a hard time getting to sleep sometimes. Today she went aobut 4 hours without napping and she got so overtired.
With two other kids it's going to be hard to work on sleep training during the day! But I really want her to be an independent sleeper!

Is it too early to start pat/shhh? I did try one day but I really couldn't do it long as my back hurt.
You'd think that with #3 I'd have it all figured out--ha! :)

I read Theo's mom's post on the first 3 months (i remember reading that w/Maria!) but I guess I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

Should I start cluster feeding in the evening? I'd be thrilled if she stretched out to 4 hours at night!

ok, this is a bit scattered--thanks for any suggestions!
Bea
la mamá de Joseph, María y Monica

Offline amheusser

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
where to start
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 18:52:52 pm »
Somewhere around here, I think on the EASY forum, is a sticky post from Ferbit about sleep training from day one, and that was really helpful for me with a newborn. 

I don't know if you can start cluster feeding this early, but if she'll take the extra feed, it might buy you some time, so it's worth a try.

I used a lot of movies for K while I was doing pat/shh with R, which was then another habit to break but worth it because now R is a good sleeper. 

I hope things are going better for you - just keep reminding yourself that eventually she'll learn.....
Aubrey
-------------------------------