Author Topic: Should I give up DF?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Should I give up DF?
« on: September 06, 2005, 14:29:38 pm »
My almost 12 week ds has not been eating much at dreamfeed. For awhile it was only about two ounces but I figured it was better than nothing and am a little afraid to take it away. He sleeps pretty good at night, sometimes going 8:45 pm until 6:45 am. Some mornings, I struggle to get him back to sleep between the hours of 4 and 7 am, but we never feed until 7 am. There seems to be no correlation between how much he eats at the DF and when he wakes up. The last few nights he has eaten less than an ounce and he slept until 6:45 a.m. We go to bed early and my husband always gets up to do the DF at 11 p.m. I feel bad that he gets up and ds doesn't take much.

Anyway, any suggestions on how to get him to take more at DF or should we just stop giving it? I am afraid he will start waking for a night feeding, but maybe not since he seems to be able to go 12 hours sometimes between a feeding. The last bottle of the day is between 7 and 8 pm. and he doesn't eat again until 7 am. Is that okay at this age?

One more thing, He eats about 6 oz. at each feed, that is all I offer him. I figured he would eat during DF if going through a growth spurt but maybe I should just offer him 8 oz. each time and when he is growing he can eat more during the day?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Should I give up DF?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:29:44 am »
From the details you gave, if it were me...I would try dropping the dreamfeed.  It doesn't seem that he is taking enough to make a significant difference.  Try dropping it for a couple of nights and see what happens.  If he wakes, add it back in.  :D

Going from 7or8 to 7 the  next day is perfectly fine...that's actually what you want it to be  :D

If he is always finishing the 6oz bottle, i would add an ounce to give him the opportunity to take more if he wants it  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom