Author Topic: End of dream feed?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Millie2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
End of dream feed?
« on: September 04, 2005, 22:06:49 pm »
My little girl is having three meals a day now and I'm wondering if its time to quit the dream feed.  I have increased her meals as she has needed it -each time she has "told" me by starting to wake in the night starving. 

Last night I went to do the dream feed and she really didn't seem that keen.  She fed but it was a half hearted effort - she kept slipping off the nipple and then launching herself back on (literally, like she was desperate to be there!) only to slip off again after a couple of sucks.  I eventually pulled away when she slipped off which made her wriggle around a bit and then put her thumb in.  I popped her back in bed and that was the last I heard from her till morning.  So do I stop offering the dream feed?
Mum to Katy (March 2005) and OJ (November 2006)

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
End of dream feed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 00:06:11 am »
i would see how you go this week and see if it is a one off or she does it the whole week. Olivia is really all over the place with her DF and can take anywhere from 70ml (less than 3 oz) to 180ml (6 1/2 oz) so we are waiting longer until it is consistently at the low end and she still sleeps through.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline yogini and baby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 03:35:57 am »
Hi there.  I was also wondering about this.  Julia is 8 months old.  She eats 3 meals a day and bf at 6:30am, 11am, 3:30pm and 9pm. 
I'm currently doing a dreamfeed at 9pm.  I've been moving it up in the last two weeks.  Should I keep doing that until the dreamfeed is close to her 7:30 bedtime and just add a feed into her bedtime routine?  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
Marie and Julia

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
End of dream feed?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 18:26:54 pm »
Hi Marie,

We dropped our df right about 3wks ago cold turkey and no problem here.  This is our 8 1/2 old routine

Breastfeed at 7am, 11am, 3:30pm and 7:15pm(before bedtime)
Solids of veggies &  fruit at 8am & 12pm, cheese & pasta for dinner at 5:30pm.

Hope that helps,

Kathy