Author Topic: Easy Scheule for 8 Weeks and.... common questions...  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Emilys_mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Easy Scheule for 8 Weeks and.... common questions...
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:55:56 am »
Here's Emily's schedule at 8 weeks...

E: 7 - 7:30
A: 7:30 - 8:15
S: 8:15 - 10

E: 10:00 - 10:30
A: 11:15 - 11:45
S: 11:45 - 12:45

E: 1:00 -1:30
A: 1:30 - 2:15
S: 2:15 - 3:30 (Grumpy time.. usually unsettled)

E: 4:00- 4:30
A: 4:30 - 5:15
S: 5:15 - 6:00

E: 6.00 - 6.30
A: 6.30 - 6:45 Bath with Daddy
S 6:45 (settling for about 30 mins) - 11.00

DF: 11:00

Then she is waking around 3 am and we are shh patting and paci till about 5-5.30.. then a feed.

My question for anyone who can help..

* Do I continue with the 7 am feed even if i feed as late as 6am like this morning? Ie. Eat at 6 then at 7 as per routine.

* for babies under 3 mths I read that PU/PD isn't efficeint. instead we are using sssh-pat and paci. Any other suggestions?

* Also is the times imperative. ie. can we slip by 1 hr when she has a latter feed (e.g.6 am) maybe go through to 8 or 9am or stick to the 7 am to help her understand the routine??

We are starting with Easy and did most of this for a week last week but didn't enforce the morning feed and I was feeding at 2:30 - 3:00. However this week we are going to try to resettle and see how long she sleeps through. THanks for your help.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Easy Scheule for 8 Weeks and.... common questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 03:10:41 am »

* Do I continue with the 7 am feed even if i feed as late as 6am like this morning? Ie. Eat at 6 then at 7 as per routine.

If you feed as late as 6, I would probably skip the 7AM feed and just tweak the schedule a bit.  For instance, since your "ideal" routine would be at 7, 10, 1 etc.  If she is still napping at 9 (after a 6AM feeding) I would let her sleep.  You may end up feeding her at 9:30, but it is closer to the "schedule".  Hope that makes sense..... :D

* for babies under 3 mths I read that PU/PD isn't efficeint. instead we are using sssh-pat and paci. Any other suggestions?
PU/PD usually is overstimulating, especially at around 8 weeks...you should be able to tell though if you tried it.  THough, I myself have used it in a 3mos old with success.  If pat/sssh is working I would go with that.  Or any other calming tool you see that works, but avoiding "props".  Have you tried a pacifier - they can be used as a tool as well to prolong a feed.

* Also is the times imperative. ie. can we slip by 1 hr when she has a latter feed (e.g.6 am) maybe go through to 8 or 9am or stick to the 7 am to help her understand the routine??

You will find that times are going to need to be tweaked as you go on.   As long as you are on a good routine, times don't have to be "exact".  I think that goes along with the answer to the first question? But I may be understanding you wrong  :wink:  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Emilys_mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 03:56:30 am »
Thanks so much for your assistance. this is great. We are now trying a Paci which works well in conjunction with the ssh-patting and other techniques. 

Great news. Emily slept through from 11 pm dream feed to 5 am this morning. This is day 4 of introducing EASY so i am trilled to see some results already. But I know not to get excited after just 1 night so hopefully we'll continue with this success.

Thanks again.

P.S. Attached is a photo of my 'Oompa Loompa'

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 12:27:48 pm »
Your welcome!!  :D

She's beautiful!  :D   And love that blanket too  :wink:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom