Author Topic: 9 Week old - 3 hrs sleep in morning - Problem?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline sweetpea1602

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 Week old - 3 hrs sleep in morning - Problem?
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:24:57 am »
Hi, my 9 week old usually! sleeps for about 3 hours in the morning, but we seem to spend the rest of the day feeding and when evening comes it is absolutley impossible to get him to sleep, however tired he is he cries and no matter what I do will not sleep and will only stop crying when I put the boob in his mouth, I think that he is then overfeeding and spitting a lot of the milk back up, eventually he will sleep about 10pm in my bed.  Could the early morning sleep for 3 hours be the problem.  The only time he will go to sleep is when he is in his car seat being driven around.  Someone please help, it is driving me mad and I have a 2 year old who is getting little attention.  Desperate!  Claudia

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 01:28:59 am »
Hi Claudia,

I remember very well my lo at 8wks crying at nights!! :? She also slept a lot during the day and I finally ended up waking her after 2hrs.  Also I realized I was overstimulating her in the evenings and keeping her up too long before putting her to bed.  Can you post what your day looks like after the 3hr nap? 

And just a quick thought, have you checked out the reflux board to rule it out? 

Kathy

Offline sweetpea1602

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:51:14 am »
Hi, after 3 hr sleep we go through endless cycles of breasfeeding, play and then trying to get the baby to sleep sometimes this works, but more often then not he wakes after 10 minutes and starts crying and so I have to try and breastfeed again to sleep, but I rarely manage to get him to sleep until later in the evening and then I have to be with him.  I dont want to let him cry it out and so have no other option to pick him up again and take him downstairs usually.  I think part of the problem seems to be he had windy pains and he will lie there and try endlessly to pass wind, fussing alot.  Uhhh!  Any other ideas would be appreicated.

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 19:17:14 pm »
How long do you keep him up between naps?

At nine weeks I'm pretty sure mine was still needing to go down by an hour. Maybe he's over-tired by the time you put him down? I think she took like 4 naps a day...I wasn't keeping a journal then, so don't remember really clearly.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005