Author Topic: New Talent  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Archiemum36

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
New Talent
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:47:53 am »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

My ds is 8 months and has found a new talent which is pulling himself up the cot so he is standing. I never had any problem putting him down for his nap before i could just put him in the cot and leave the room and he would fall asleep by himself, but now he just pulls himself up and can't get back down so starts to cry for me, which he now knows if he cries i will go to him. He then get past his tierd stage so i take him back down stairs and wait until that he gets tierd again, i'm doing this all morning with him. i have back problems so having to pick him up each time and lay him back down has caused me to pull my back.

I was wondering if there is any way that when he is in his cot i can stop him from doing this or will it pass and put up with it.

Thank you

Offline annas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 45
New Talent
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 13:43:20 pm »
Hate to tell you this but I think its a grin and bear it until it passes phase - was the same with my DD, she got bored eventually!! We did a walk in walk out approach, when we knew she could get down herself, and before that got her to practice as much as possible during awake time sliding her hands down the cot bars so she knew how to get down

HTH

Clare

mum to dd Anna 21 months and DS Nathan 5 days

Offline Archiemum36

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
New Talent
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 08:21:16 am »
Yeah i thought that might of been the answer, oh well never mind hopefully it wont last to long.

Thank you