Author Topic: WWYD?...breaking ds's schedule once a week...  (Read 1170 times)

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
WWYD?...breaking ds's schedule once a week...
« on: September 05, 2005, 15:00:55 pm »
hi everyone,

ds is 5mo and going through a whole bunch of things right now. teething, rolling over in his sleep, etc. oh well, just trying to roll with it (no pun intended)

quick q: on sundays we have church for a pretty long time (dh is a pastor) and until now i've been driving separately so ds can stay "on schedule". but now we'll have to start taking one car, so we'll be out of the home from 8:30am-5 at the earliest, sometimes 7-8. so literally all day!

if i stay at church with him i'll have to resort to ds napping while i hold him. another option is to stay at MIL's, so he'll have to get used to napping in his pack n play. either will be hard since ds only sleeps in his crib now. (or his new britax  :D )

hopefully ds can move to 2 naps soon so it won't be so terrible. am i being obsessive by worrying about this too much? is it ok to break his schedule like this once a week? i'm just worried about instilling bad habits.

thanks for listening!
selena
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 18:47:54 pm »
Can you arrange to have him nap in the p'n'play at church? Does your dh have an office or something? Otherwise I would do the MIL option.

My kids have learned to sleep in other places besides their own cribs. It is a good lesson to learn - early. What do you do if you go on vacation? What if you have something that they must be away from their crib during naps? Getting him used to the p'n'play is a BONUS!!!  :D

My personal favorite was an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder sling. My ds napped in it while we were at church until he was 8 months old (and almost 20 lbs!  :shock: )
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 18:51:59 pm »
thanks gracekellysmom. good point...he'll have to learn how to nap elsewhere eventually...

i have a hotsling that ds loved when he was really little. maybe we could try that too. you must have shoulders of steel  :D
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 18:57:15 pm »
I mopped and vacuumed this morning with ds (now 25 lbs and 13 months) in the sling on my hip because he wouldn't stay out of the mop water.  :lol:  Not shoulders of steel, just 'gotta do what ya gotta do'  :lol:  :wink:

Good luck!!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies