Author Topic: Baby Talk  (Read 1211 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Baby Talk
« on: September 06, 2005, 00:50:02 am »
This is going to sound like a weird question, but my dd has been making a lot more noise lately.  But the problem is, I can't tell if it's happy babbling, or fussing noises.  She does it when I'm trying to put her to bed, and she's refusing.  But she also does it when she's playing.  It sounds like cooing, but with a very whining, insistent tone.  When she makes it playing, it makes me think she's tiring of the activity.  And when she's in the crib fighting sleep, I know she's not happy.  But it's not crying, it's just this entirely new language.  I thought by now I could understand her, but she's throw me for a loop with these different noises.  Since she's making these sounds in the crib and not crying, I don't do pu/pd.  I've actually left the room to see if she will settle but she just keeps on and on and on and getting worked up.  I don't know if this is a type of cry and so if I leave the room I'm letting her CIO.  But it's very hard to listen to it, so it's easier for me to just leave.  And she won't settle with my hand on her, pt/shsh.  I'm wondering if anyone else's baby makes these types of sounds and if you think it's fussing or developing language.  I know this doesn't make too much sense, but I'm so confused I'm confusing in writing too. :cry:

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Baby Talk
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 19:27:42 pm »
hehe, mine's doing a lot of cooing too.

It took some time to realize though when she really went into long monologues that it was time for bed, maybe past time. Also when mine gets tired she usually has this gutteral cough-like "cry" that interrupts her monologues. She'll often start her monologues after naps as well to tell me she's ready to get up. When she started doing it, it threw me for a loop as well, and still does on occasion as she changes her behavior. It'll take some time to figure it out, but you will.

Speaking of which...

HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Baby Talk
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 03:15:09 am »
Thanks, it's so weird, and everything is changing each day.  I think it's her way of crying before crying.  She will keep at it for an half hour or more.  Yesterday, I couldn't stand just leaving her in the crib to do that, so I laid my hands on her legs which were jumping all over the place.  She surprised me by settling down eventually and going to sleep.  So, today I tried the hands laying thing again, instead of leaving the room and it took a while and I picked her up once, but she went to sleep.  Who knows what is going on.  But I do know she wouldn't have put herself to sleep alone, and if this was her new fussing language (she's doesn't cry hardly at all though I know she knows how :) ) I guess she still needed my help to get to sleep.