Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 1159 times)

Offline megbrunskill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 05, 2005, 14:23:42 pm »
MY 12 week old DD wakes up 5-7 times a night. She used to only wake up 1-2 times. She has also lost her long stretch of sleep that she used to have. She is on a 3.5hr EASY. She has just started staying up for around 1.5 hours. We stopped her DF several weeks ago because she never took very much from the bottle.
She has had 45 minute naps since she was 6 weeks old. I try to extend them but with little to no success.
When I put her down to sleep I swaddle her, darken the room, give her a pacifier, sit with her for about 5 mins and put her in her crib drowsy but awake. She then puts her self to sleep. She usually falls asleep with her pacifier but I have tried to remove it before I leave the room, especially at night.
At night she wakes up aroun 12, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and I wake her up at 7. I feed her at her 12 and 3 or 4 wake up. The other times I give her the pacifier and she falls back asleep.
I just don't know what to do...should I take away the pacifier?
On top of everything we have had non-stop company for the last 3 weeks and have to go away this weekend...so I am thinking whatever I do I should start next week.
Should I reintroduce the dreamfeed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am so tired...
Thanks,
Megen and Selah

Offline megbrunskill

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 21:50:44 pm »
Well last night was a little better. She was up at 11pm, 1:30am, 2:30am and then up for the day at 6am.
Should I restart the dreamfeed?
Could this be a growth spurt...she doesn't seem more hungry during the day...
Anyway, hopefully tonight will be even better...maybe it was just from all of the company and being lugged around so much.
Megen

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Please help!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 23:20:34 pm »
sounds like a growth spurt. at 12 weeks my dd2 had her GS and did not feed more in the day biut fed at DF (or earlier) and then 2 more times (sometimes only 2 hours apart) before a 7:30 wake up.  i think some babies just do  not want to take any more food in the daytime - they reach their limit and that is it - they might increase frequency though (and this is certinaly what i found with olivia)

on a positive note she only did this for the 3 mo GS - at 6 mo GS she incrased frequency and amounts and we only had 1 night waking the first night - i think her tummy is bigger now so she is willing to fill it a bit more during GS - but at 12 weeks NO WAY not for her. 

i woudl feed at the first post DF hunger cry and try to encourage a really good feed and put back to bed.  if there is another hunger cry anywhere from 2-3 hrs later i would feed again, but that is just me. (make sure it is a hunger cry though not just a wake/stirring and resettle - give her a chance to resettle before rushing in) HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline megbrunskill

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 12:14:52 pm »
I think it is a growth spurt. She totally increased the frequency of her feeds yesterday during the day and was taking both breasts. She fed so much I didn't get enough for a good dreamfeed so we will try that tonight.
After all that feeding yesterday she got up twice during the night. She was then woken up at 5:45 by the garbage truck but I was able to resettle her. Should I try to continue today with more frequent feeds during the day are just let her dictate when she wants the eat?
Thanks,
Megen and Selah