Author Topic: HELP! Son won''t sleep on back, and now won''t sleep in boun  (Read 1231 times)

Offline sarasmile0402

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP! Son won''t sleep on back, and now won''t sleep in boun
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:13:30 am »
I put my son to sleep on his belly during the day and check on him. At night I have been putting him to sleep in his bouncy seat, and set the seat in his crib and use the baby monitor. Now he HATES the bouncy seat, and won't sleep in it. He is now 8 weeks old. He was just sleeping for 2 hours and I decided to quickly put him in the bouncy seat so I could go to bed. He was sound asleep in the bouncy seat for about 10 minutes and then awake. I fed him and he was asleep again, and I tried several times to put him back in the bouncy seat and he just cried. I just finally put him down on his belly and he is out like a light.

Now what?????? When does the risk of SIDS go down? He can hold his head up pretty good now.

P.S. He hates swaddling and won't sleep in the car seat or swing either

Sara
Mom to Dylan James
Sara
Mom to Dylan James

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
HELP! Son won''t sleep on back, and now won''t sleep in boun
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 14:33:52 pm »
Sara,

You shouldn't be so dissapointed that he won't sleep in the bouncy seat. He will become dependant on the seat and will not go to sleep any other way. I don't place my lo's on their tummy's to sleep , but only because they (twins) were premie's and there was some concern with their breathing in the beginning. I know that I have read a few posts here about mom's who do place their babes on their tummy's and have no concerns with it. I would make sure there is no loose bedding, and some people say to remove the bumber pads in the crib, if you have them. In the begginning months I never had the bumpers on. I have them back on now as the girls are 5 1/2 months old and wiggle around sooo much they actually are up against the bars in the am when they wake. Don't know if this helps.. but good luck!

Jody
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline Pendle Girl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Tummy Sleeping
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 15:45:06 pm »
I posted about tummy sleeping the other day as my dd will only sleep on her tummy and I was very worried - here's a link to the posting

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/worried-tummy-sleeping-vt40299.html