Author Topic: dressing your lo for cooler nights? - feel stupid asking  (Read 1456 times)

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
dressing your lo for cooler nights? - feel stupid asking
« on: September 06, 2005, 05:01:47 am »
ok, so it's warm in the evening and i put him down in three layers of cotton (little under-onsie thing, long sleeved one with legs and feet, and then a cotton sleepsack), no blankets.

he is warm when i pick him up for his dreamfeed.

but the nights are cooler now, and the morning is colder still...  and when i get him in the morning he's cool, with cool ears, nose and forehead. 

i know the whole, he should have one more layer than you theory, but who exactly?  i am always cold.  my  husband is always hot. :wink: he want's the air and ceiling fans on, and i don't.

what do you do?  wake up and go put a blanket over him?  i have fleece sleepsacks, but that's gotta be too much right now???
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Heather

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 05:15:25 am »
Is it possible to put a small space heater in the bedroom at night?  That's what we've done with our kids.  They don't stay covered up at night and are too big for sleep sacks, so we just keep their rooms a bit warmer than the rest of the house during the winter.

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 05:19:33 am »
i'd thought about that for when it gets really cold.  but just reading your reply, clicked on a light.  i could get one with a timer to use now, have it come on later in the night.

thanks for answering so quickly.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Heather

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 05:31:18 am »
Yep, sounds good!  We have a little heater that has a thermostat in it, so even if we have it set quite low, it goes on and off as needed to maintain that temperature.

Hope it works for you.

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 07:40:49 am »
i just put a cellular cotton blanket over the thin sleeping bag if i think it is cold, you can use other sheets with them, just not anything else padded like a quilt

Offline jayne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 10:26:37 am »
if your lo has cold hands and cool ears but a warm torso he should be fine.. i remember being so worried with angela about her temp-- was she too warm was she too cold..

dress him for bed like you are going to bed -- give him one extra layer than you and he should be fine--

we dont use space heaters because of the risk of fires ( one thing i am paranoid about) but i am sure if used properly they are safe-- i have heard of fires and that scares me.. i also dont use blankets on lo -- i am paranoid about them getting tangled in the blanket(i am a neruotic mom :roll: )
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004