Author Topic: dangers of having a comfort cloth?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
dangers of having a comfort cloth?
« on: September 06, 2005, 07:38:15 am »
i give my ds - 4.5 months a muslin cloth to hold at night as it seems to help - he sucks it and waves it around. i go in once he is asleep to check it is not still in his mouth but leave it within reach. is there a danger with cloths and suffocation if he pulls it over his face? loads of people seems to give their baby something similar. it is very thin and he can still breather through it as i went in one nap to check and it was over his face!

Offline Archiemum36

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 08:16:19 am »
My ds who's 8 months has the same if not a muslin square one of those very thin and small holey blankets. I always wondered the same thing but when ever i check on him it's always away from his face. i think if they can hold thier head up they wont suffercate themselves. But for ages i did worry and was checking on him all the time. he's had it now for a couple of months and wont go to sleep without it now, luckily i have plenty of them so i can wash them.

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 12:55:41 pm »
The little girl i nannied for sucked a muslin cloth as her comfort. It worked in much the same way as a dummy!! Never had a problem with it being on her face, the fabric is so light that it never bothered her.
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??