Author Topic: Weaning and Calcium supplies  (Read 996 times)

Offline Elmotastic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Weaning and Calcium supplies
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:14:23 am »
Hi, I'm currently weaning my 12 month old baby, I don't really want to, but I have to (but that's another story)...

Anyway, I've recently cut out the day time feeds and this morning Bethany refused the breast, so it looks like now it will only be night time and through the night.

But my question is, has anyone else had any problems with giving their toddlers cows milk as she is refusing and doesn't want to know, has anyone got any ideas?

I'm currently giving her cheese, yoghuts, sometimes custard to help increase her calcium intake, but would really prefer for her to have some milk, not too much but about 200ml, I know the recommendation is 400ml at 12m+, but with her yoghuts and cheese 200ml is enough, i believe.

Should I just keep trying, or should I try something different?

Hope you can understand me  :?

Thanks

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 18:16:17 pm »
A tip I have on the cows milk is to mix it. Are you able to pump in your situation, you could first give ebm in her cup and slowly add more and more of the other milk you want her to drink until it is 100%. I am not opposed to adding flavorings to milk for my kids, but other moms may not agree with that.  :roll:

Do you want to talk about your weaning situation? You can always pm me if you want to talk or need a shoulder, but don't want to put it out here in the forum. {HUGS}
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 00:59:48 am »
Good suggestion about mixing the cow's milk!  Not from my experience, but my cousin's baby never took milk and she was able to manage with solids (yogurt, cheese...).

I'm also sorry to hear that your weaning isn't your choice. Sending a hug your way - let us know if we can help at all!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha