Author Topic: Cows Milk and other calcium sources!!  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Elmotastic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Cows Milk and other calcium sources!!
« on: September 06, 2005, 11:13:03 am »
Hi, I'm currently weaning my 12 month old baby, I don't really want to, but I have to (but that's another story)...

Anyway, I've recently cut out the day time feeds and this morning Bethany refused the breast, so it looks like now it will only be night time and through the night.

But my question is, has anyone else had any problems with giving their toddlers cows milk as she is refusing and doesn't want to know, has anyone got any ideas?

I'm currently giving her cheese, yoghuts, sometimes custard to help increase her calcium intake, but would really prefer for her to have some milk, not too much but about 200ml, I know the recommendation is 400ml at 12m+, but with her yoghuts and cheese 200ml is enough, i believe.

Should I just keep trying, or should I try something different?

Hope you can understand me 

Thanks

Offline Samismum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Cows Milk and other calcium sources!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 11:26:28 am »
hello

ds turned 12 mths 3 wks ago,he has been having cows milk since then, i warm it up for him as he wont drink cold,

In australia we have a toddler formula that is vanilla flavoured that you can add to cows milk to get the littles ones to drink it,,,its like normal formula but encourages milk drinking (if that makes sense),,,its by Wyeth and called S26 here which i believe is sma in uk

or maybe try adding in breakfast cereal 1st and then gradually in bottle??

hope this helps!!