Author Topic: Is she getting too much formula???  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Mommy of Maddy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is she getting too much formula???
« on: September 06, 2005, 13:16:41 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm new here. My daughter is almost 10 mos old now...born 8 weeks prem. I have a question regarding formula and the amount she should be getting now. She has nearly 7 bottles a day and hardly any solid food. She'll eat pureed food...but nothing thicker. She will snack on crackers though. I'm having a really hard time getting her on a schedule of eating because it seems like she's hungry all the time. She does sleep on average 9 hours a night...Please help...thank you... :)

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Is she getting too much formula???
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 18:28:16 pm »
How much formula is in each bottle i.e. what is the total amount your lo takes?

I know in the UK it is recommended to have about a pint (20 ounces/500-600mls) a day from the age of 6 months so if your lo is having quite a bit more than that it can affect their appetite for solids as they fill up on milk.
My dd had only 2 bottles a day (morning and evening) at that age but they were full bottles so she could maintain her daily intake - along with milk on cereal, yoghurt, cheese, etc

I would probably try to cut down the milk a bit to see if that improves your lo's appetite for solids.

Seona