Author Topic: Back to three naps a day - 10 months old  (Read 930 times)

Offline Hector's Mammy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Back to three naps a day - 10 months old
« on: September 07, 2005, 13:10:40 pm »
Dear all,
I don't know what to do with my 10 month old ds, but he hasn't been well for over a week (cold) and now he won't nap longer that 1h15 during the day - and that's his long one  :( .  He used to take a short nap in morning and a long one over lunchtime but now still takes a short am nap (30-60m) but the lunchtime one he wakes after 1h15.  He's not crying when he wakes which is confusing but I know it's not enough as he now has to have a late afternoon nap (which he doesn't like taking when we're in the house but will nap in car/pram if we're out).
I took him swimming this morning and he's usually exhausted after this but still just 1h15 for the nap.  He now appears to be in the habit of 1h15.  What is a 1h15 nap anyway, I thought sleep cycles were in 45 ?
I think the lack of day sleep is causing him to wake earlier in morning.  Does anyone else notice this link?
Any suggestions on what I can do.
Anne
Mammy to Hector 26 October 2004

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Back to three naps a day - 10 months old
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 23:49:59 pm »
Sleep begets sleep!  Yes, I've noticed that when my lo sleeps better for one nap, it helps the next nap, and so on...  And she also sometimes sleeps for 1 hr 15!  :roll:

Could you maybe post his schedule for the day - see if anything comes to mind?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha