Author Topic: How did you get rid of the bottle?  (Read 957 times)

Offline Nick's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How did you get rid of the bottle?
« on: September 07, 2005, 14:47:17 pm »
I wish I would have gotten rid of my ds's bottle at one year old but I didn't and now its causing several problems. He doesn't eat as much because he wants his milk bottle and at night he wakes a couple times for a bottle.  He wakes for a bottle twice and my 10 month old sleeps thru!!!!  The bottle has got to go!!  I was going to wait until 10 month old was better at the sippy and get rid of them for both but the little one just isn't there yet.  I've  been telling NIck that we need to pack his bottles up for the new baby down the street and so far he is saying okay.  Any suggestions?
Nicholas 2-24-03
Alex 11-17-04

Offline Abby&Jeremys Sunshine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 15:01:27 pm »
I woke up when she was about 13 months old and told my sister we have got to get them off the bottle.... I packed them up(out of sight out of mind) and went out and bought sippy cups..... SOOOO much easier!  Now~ it takes time for them to WANT to use a cup, and if your LO is as touchy as mine was they may refuse the cup....but have patience ;)  Just praise the sippy cup....lol.... Make it seem like the best thing since goldfish  :P Trust your instincts!