Author Topic: Standing in crib  (Read 1239 times)

Offline cindy_30

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Standing in crib
« on: September 07, 2005, 19:15:49 pm »
My DS is 10 months and he figured out that he can stand in his crib.  What used to be a relatively easy task, now takes me about an hour to get him to sleep and then I'm ready for bed too.  As soon as he stands up, I lay him back down, but he thinks it's a game, he just rolls over and laughs.  I've tried to be more assertive with my voice, but I'm not sure if it's working.  I have a chair near his crib and sit in it after putting him back down.  Anyone have any advice?

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Standing in crib
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 01:52:52 am »
Leave the room?

My ds played the stand up game, I just showed him how to get back down a few times (and practiced this during wake time the next day) and left. He likes to talk and play a while before he rolls over to go to sleep. Kind of like his own wind down.

It is a frustrating stage, but if you don't make a big deal out of it, they pass through it fairly quickly. Just keep putting him down and telling him to go to sleep. He's not doing it to spite you, it is just fun!

HTH
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline evanskimberley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Standing in crib
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:44:33 am »
After many fretful nights i deceided leaving her to it was the best option. She too was maing it a game. Now We do all normal stuff and I leave the room, if she stands up I wait for her to cry out, that normally means she's tired and wants to get down.

Sometimes she still stands up again, but it has cut it down to a few times instead of twenty or so! some nights she goes straight off now
Kimberley