Author Topic: Number of feeds on 4-hour EASY  (Read 1146 times)

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Number of feeds on 4-hour EASY
« on: September 08, 2005, 00:00:53 am »
Hello! I am beginning to transistion my 12 week old ds to the 4-hour easy. I am under the impression that his feeds would be roughly 7 am, 11, 3, and 7 pm, totaling four feeds a day plus a DF. In the chart in the book on page 96, it says that a 4-6 month old would have 5 feeds a day plus a DF. Where does the 5th feed come in?

Also, it says that with the five feeds and DF he should be eating 26-38 oz a day and on pg. 121 it says that he should be eating 5-8 oz. per feed. If he were only eating 5 oz. at each of his four feeds and DF, he would only be taking in 25 oz. Where does the range of 26-38 oz. come from? On page 230, the GOAL routine lists only four feeds and a DF. I just wondering if anyone else has noticed this difference in information.

My ds is currently taking about 6 oz. at each feed and barely any at DF. So, if he goes four hours between feeds, he is only getting 24 oz. I am afraid he will begin waking at night to eat more. On the 3-hour easy he was eating 6 oz. every feed, so he was taking in about 30 oz. I am offering him 8 oz. now that we are feeding every 4 hours, but he is still taking in 6 oz.

Maybe he will begin to take more at the DF because we have taken away a feed. Before now, he has consistently taken less than an ounce at the DF. I just want to make sure he is getting enough to eat during the day. Any suggestions on the 4-hour easy feeding schedule would be appreciated!

Thanks~
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline alligirl

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Number of feeds on 4-hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 13:37:20 pm »
Perhaps Tracy meant 4 feeds plus a solid meal and a df.  Not too sure about that one.

If you're lo is doing fine taking 6 oz every 3-4 hours, I think it would be fine.  He's still only 12 weeks and may not need the same calories as a 4-6 month old baby.  THe range she mentions is just an approximate and not every baby will fit in to it.  If your baby acted hungry more or started waking at night, you would know that you need to up his calories during the day.

Not sure, either, where she got to 26-38 oz range....but just follow your baby's cues as to what he needs.  Every baby is different and you know your best!

I think you are doing fine....if you aren't having sleep issues, if your lo is growing well and if he seems content, you are doing great!!
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09