Author Topic: Nap Questions  (Read 1050 times)

Offline PRoppo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 08, 2005, 00:45:29 am »
Hi there!

I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions re (1) 45 minute naps and (2) missing the nap window. 

I have been following the thread on the forum regarding the 45 minute naps, but I have a question for someone.  My 14 week old wakes after a 45-50 minute nap each time I put her down.  When I have gone in to be there when she awakes to attempt to shush-pat her back to sleep, I habve found that she is actually awake at the 30 minute mark, but lies there and spaces out for 10-15 minutes.  When I do go in to get her at the 45 minute time, she is happy and seems well rested.  I recently read in Tracy's newest book that if your baby naps for 45 minutes and doesn't awake cranky and doesn't seem tired during the day, then perhaps that is her biorhythm and she doesn't need more sleep.  Has anyone found this to be true?  Problem is, she is truly not on as EASY schedule, but more of an EASAESY plan!  She cannot feed when she wakes up because her naps are so short.  Any suggestions?

(2)  Since school has started and I am taking my 4 yo preschooler back and forth, I am finding that I am missing the nap window at times with my 14 week old.  When she goes past the window, she is way overstimulated and crying and waving her limbs.  I cannot get her down to sleep.  Any suggestions on this?

Thanks so much for any advice!

PR

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Nap Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 21:02:07 pm »
For some babies, it is true about their biorhythm.. so it's important to go by your child's behaviour and night sleep. If everything seems fine, and baby is settled throughout the day, then don't worry about it.

As for the coordinating the drop off/pick up with school, I had a similar problem.  I ended up having a neighbour drop off for a little while, and when Brendan's naps changed, then I was able to resume the drop off and pick up.
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004