Author Topic: Chatterbox  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Millie2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Chatterbox
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:52:50 am »
My five month old wakes early (between 5 and 6am) to talk!  She will lie there chatting away to herself for ages!  Sometimes she will drop back off to sleep but more often than not I eventually have to get her up as she gets grizzly.  How do I follow my four hourly routine if she is awake for say an hour before her feed?  She isn't a good day time napper - usually only sleeping for 45 minutes at a go before waking up and talking again - so our routine is already hard to stick to. 

Why can't I have the baby that slept from 7 to 7 back again?
Mum to Katy (March 2005) and OJ (November 2006)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Chatterbox
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 02:55:10 am »
Liam (3.5mo) does that too & I know it always happens on a day that he has had less stimulation the day before... ie spent more of his awake time in the pram, rather than on the floor, because we've been out & about. So my only suggestion is during her am awake times try & give her lots of tummy time, read books, change the place she is etc quiet often.
The last night sleep cycle is between 4 & 7am & it is the hardest one for babies/toddlers to actually pass through & thus you get lots of people complaining about the same thing, so you could say it is developmental too.
Re keeping in an EASY Cycle, well I just sort of go with the flow there, but our days tend to fit around toddler activities, so We rarely get a good EASY day.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Chatterbox
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:17:11 am »
just to put a positive spin on your situation for you - it is a good sign that she will be great at independent play as she is older....  the fact that she can entertain herself in her cot and even go back to sleep sometimes is a good development! if she woke at 5 and needed your presence ever morning i would be in there trying to teach her to go back to sleep.  i woudl bet money that if she has not always been waking at 5 this is just a phase that will pass.

i think Kate's theory is a good one - try to build in more "active" time and also she is probably exploring her voice a bit and finds it entertaining (the toy you cannot take out of her crib KWIM)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified