Author Topic: When can I get a life re. daytime naps!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: September 08, 2005, 15:30:58 pm »
Carmela is now 16.5 months old.  We went to one nap a day at 14 months.  It took awhile for her to adjust but she did for a few weeks.  Then about 8 weeks ago she started waking early....that lasted six weeks...now she is sleeping from 7:45 to 6ish each morning....we are going to start putting her to bed at 7 p.m. now that summer is practically over and we are hoping this solves our issue, BUT now that she is waking at 6:00-6:30 our new problem is that at 9:30 she wants a nap.  That is entirely too early for one nap, and I'm afraid to give it to her in fear that she won't take a second nap and then I'll have 11:30 to 7:00 each day.  I can't go anywhere without her falling asleep in the car.  Half the time I can scream and try to tickle her, etc. while I'm driving to try to keep her up and the other half she falls asleep regardless.  Should I try putting her in when she wants to or should I just let her fall asleep and put her in a little later???  I need to get out of my house everyday or else I'm a basket case...I can't even walk in the stroller without her falling asleep!  Suggestions please!  Right now her schedule is:

6-6:30 wake up
12-2 nap
7:30 bed (falls asleep about 7:45-8)

starting today her bedtime will be strictly 7 p.m. for awhile unless early wakings happen again.  Any other suggestions?

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
When can I get a life re. daytime naps!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 16:03:41 pm »
We had the same problem when transitioning. to one nap.  I would still try and hold her off until at least 11-11:30.  Maybe try giving her a snack at 9:30 when she wants to nap, as this may give her a little more energy to make it through the morning.  If you are out I would just try and keep her awake.  With Myles he may doze in the car, and as long as it is no longer than 5-10 minutes it doesn't affect his nap.

Trust me it does get better and easier!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com