Author Topic: Trouble with daycare toddler's naps  (Read 1046 times)

Heather

Trouble with daycare toddler's naps
« on: September 08, 2005, 16:36:03 pm »
I have a friend's little girl, age 29 months, two days/week.  She DOES NOT NAP and it's driving me bonkers.  It would be one thing if she was done napping, period, at home and otherwise, but she's not.....she's supposed to nap, she just won't. 

The thing that maybe bugs me the most is that she's not upset about it.  She's quite happy to be in bed for 1.5hrs or more :shock:  but she carries on and goofs around and yells and screams, etc., ALL while MY two year old is trying to have his peaceful and might I add, MUCH NEEDED nap.   :?

I think it would be a lot easier to deal with if she cried when I put her down then at least I could soothe her and hold her and all that, but that she's happy and goofing around doesn't leave me many options.

Just reading that, it must sound to you like she's ready to stop napping, but the thing is she naps beautifully at home most of the time.  I do every trick that they have suggested me do, and have tried to keep her nap routine as close to what they do at home as possible.

I am at a loss.

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 00:07:51 am »
Hmm.. the only thing I can think of is replicating her home sleep environment. Is the room dark enough? Does she have a special blanket?  Have you connected with your friend to find out what they do at home?

Hang in there.. let's hope this is just a bump and she'll become accustomed to settling in a different place. :wink:
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Heather

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 05:22:52 am »
Thanks Jane.  Well wouldn't you know it, today she napped.  Over 1.5hrs even.  :)   I don't know if this is what did it, but all I did was promise her a sticker if she slept.  And that she had to actually SLEEP and not just stay in the bed for whatever length of time.  Whatever it was, I'm goin' with it!!