Author Topic: eating every 2 hours,,is it ok  (Read 1012 times)

Offline babymou

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 09, 2005, 17:27:56 pm »
My dd is almost 9 weeks old and for the past week she wants to eat every 2 hours...except at night where she will go anywhere from 3 to 3.5 hours.
Could this be a growth spurt or have i been reading her cues wrong. Basically for the past week she eats ( very efficiently too, under 10 minutes) and then is awake for maximum 1 hour then naps for an hour.

We were on 3 hour easy up to this point...just wondering what could be going on..I don't want a snacker on my hands.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
eating every 2 hours,,is it ok
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 17:34:19 pm »
Could well be a growth spurt. Natalie's weren't very predictable, but I think we're through all uo through the 3-month one now (of course I've thought that before... LOL).

I'd say follow cues as best you can for another day or two and see if it doesn't even out a little. You might also want to try to extend the nap length if you can, by soothing back to sleep at the 45-minute mark before she wakes up all the way, just to see if it makes a difference. Josie's naps got to be a 45-minute mess around 12 weeks and Tracy helped us sort it out (see Naps board).

Good luck! :)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
eating every 2 hours,,is it ok
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 18:36:02 pm »
Mine was on 2 hr EASY until he was 4 months old. That is just what worked for him. (But he slept all night from 8 weeks)

When he eats, is it one side or two? You could try offering the second side if he seems done with the first.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies