Author Topic: 45 min nap... how to lengthen  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Estri

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
45 min nap... how to lengthen
« on: September 09, 2005, 22:34:16 pm »
Hi,
I am trying to get my twins (9 mths) to sleep past 45 mins. They are now going to sleep by themselves with no assistance ( placed awake in cot, no swaddling, no pacifier). This usually takes between 15 and 30 mins. I cannot seem to get them to stay asleep though.

Any advice on how to? do I leave them in the cot until it is time to get up regardless? I do not do pick up put down or patting and shhing to sleep, I leave them to do this absolutley independantly. The crying never gets distressed, its more just general whinging until they sleep.

Thanx
Estri,
Xavier James 15.12.04
Tobias Alexander 15.12.04
Survivors of TTTS

Offline PRoppo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 00:09:05 am »
Just wondering what kind of a cot that you are using for your twins?  I recently bought an Amby bed (made in Australia) and it has worked wonderfully for our daughter.  She did not like her bassinet and would not sleep well in her crib.  Is that what you use as well?  Sorry, don't have answers in regard to your 45 minute naps...I am dealing with those myself!  Have you heard feedback from anyone about transitioning from a cot to a crib and how it was done, how their LO took to it?  Just curious...
Patti

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
45 min nap... how to lengthen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:29:33 am »
Wew, twins.

Have they always done the 45min nap?

What does their schedule looks like - at this age the short napping is usually due to not being tired enough.

Excellent that they are falling asleep independently!

Offline janea

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 19:31:20 pm »
Hi there

My sister has 9 month old twins and she has managed to get them having a good 2 hour sleep at lunchtime since about 6 months.  I have been trying to pick her brains as my 7.5month old daughter rarely sleeps for longer than 45 mins - 1 hour at lunchtime.  She said that she just left them (for up to 20 mins ) if they cried, and left them completely if they were awake but happy.  However, I have tried this with my dd and it definitely hasn't worked - she seems to have had enough sleep and just wants to get up and play.  I usually get her up if she's having a scream, but I know that with twins you are probably more desperate for a bit of consistent time to yourself !!
Oh, and my sister's twins nap in different rooms during the day, but do sleep in their room together overnight.

I would love some advice as to how to extend this lunchtime nap too, as I only let dd have about half an hour kip in the morning so she should be pretty tired for a nice long sleep by lunchtime !

good luck
georgies mum