Author Topic: Crib to bed-all or nothing??  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Jessi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Crib to bed-all or nothing??
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:56:38 am »
I'm getting ready to move ds, who is 17mo into a toddler bed soon.  He has a baby sister on the way, otherwise I'd just continue on with the crib, as he's pretty comfortable in there.  Anyway, I can't decide if we should just take down his crib and put up the bed in one day and hope for the best, or if we should leave the crib up for a while.  It seems like if the crib were to stay, he'd just want to sleep there for who knows how long.  But I'm also scared to just take it away in case he has a really hard time with it.  I'm not sure which way to go and would love to hear how you all have done it.  It seems like a big transition!

Offline deenz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 06:49:18 am »
Dd also recently transitioned to a single bed (at about the same age as your lo)...  We had the bed in her room for a few weeks before moving her in there.  Then one night, she was sick, so I ended up sleeping in the bed with her, so I thought "Right, let's just get her in the bed now!".  So the next night we put her to bed in the bed, and it was fine.  It is a very low bed, and she can easily get in and out herself, but doesn't really tend to at night (it's the darkness I think).  I kept her in her cot for her nap for about 10 more days and then took it out of her room, and put her in the bed for naps as well.  It took a while for the novelty factor to wear off (getting out of bed at nap time and playing) but I think overall we have been very lucky with our transition.

Good luck!