Author Topic: 30 mins every 1.5 hours  (Read 1106 times)

Offline sherilee

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 10, 2005, 14:40:43 pm »
My 8 w3eek old is sleeping for 30 mins every hour and a half and is cranky all day. I cant get him to sleep for longer even when trying to sooth him at the 30 min point as he is stirring. He just wakes up and is wide eyed. I cant get anything done and its making me feel such a failure (along with the feeding and night sleeping problems that I have posted on the the other parts of this forum).
Any tips?

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
30 mins every 1.5 hours
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 15:10:36 pm »
Hi Sherilee!

Hmm...

I think he might be a little overtired when he goes down. At 8 weeks you probably want to only keep him up about an hour, maybe a little less, between his last nap and his next. You'll want to save keeping him up an hour and a half when he's between 3-4 months.

Experiment with his window a little bit between 45 mins and an hour. That's probably enough time for feeding, maybe 5 mins of play, and nap routine.

Also, if you haven't already (if you have ignore this paragraph), you might want to create a consistant naptime routine and start it maybe 10 or 15 mins before he's ready to be put down. It doesn't have to be long or really involved, maybe like rocking him before putting him down drowsy but awake. This will help him understand that it's sleepy time.

Let us know how it goes!!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005