Author Topic: Help with Cluster Feeds and Dreamfeed  (Read 1347 times)

Offline jakesgrandma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 10, 2005, 23:55:15 pm »
Hi Everyone

I am new to the mesages boards.  My daughter and I have been watching The Baby Whisperer programme and was impressed by what we saw so went out and bought the books.

My grandson is 51/2 weeks old and we are trying out the EASY plan.  He is taking anything from between 3.5oz - 5 oz of formula every 2.5 - 3 hours during the day.

We wanted to know what he should be taking at the 2 cluster feeds at as sometimes he will take 3 oz and others just 1 oz.  Also how much should he take at the dreamfeed to get him through to approx 4 am to start off with.  The 1st night we tried we where up just once with him at 3.15 am but for the last 2 nights he has been up twice.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Grandma Sarah

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Help with Cluster Feeds and Dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 00:09:37 am »
Hello, congrats!  And welcome to the boards  :D

As far as the clusterfeeds, offer as much as he'll take.  There is no "set" amount of how much it should be, it's simply to "tank" him up.  :D

The same goes for the dreamfeed, offer as much as he'll take.  And again, there is no "set" amount for what it will take to get the baby to sleep through.  All babies are different, and especially at his young age, two night wakings isn't uncommon.  The dreamfeed sometimes takes a few days to get established....sounds like you guys are doing great!!!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline jakesgrandma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 18:58:24 pm »
Thanks very much for that information.

We had a good night last night and a good day today.  He had his dreamfeed at 11.00pm last night and slept till 3.30am had a feed then went through until

6.35am he took 4oz
9.45 am he took 4.5oz
12.15pm he took 4.5oz
15.15pm he took 5oz
17.50 he took 6oz
He has just had a bath and then going to have his 2nd cluster feed.

We will dreamfeed at 11.00pm again and see how we go.

Thanks once again

Grandma Sarah