Author Topic: go to sleep  (Read 1033 times)

Offline mika

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:08:40 am »
hello! im a mother to Maya- 8 weeks old (today..)
my problem is- when we go to sleep she's having a hard time relaxing in my lap, and starts to cry (it can get realy hart braking..). it can get from 2 mineuts to 45. and at the and she get's tired and falls asleep' with time it hapens faster but still- she cryies. must it be like this? what can i do? i did every thing in the book- easy, realaxing before ext..
thank u
mika

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 17:05:28 pm »
My DD also has had this problem.  She will not take a pacifier alone but I started holding it for her while we sit for her wind down.  She enjoys "chewing" on the pacifier and it seems to help her calm.  I don't know if you want to introduce a pacifier (this is the only time my dd has one) but it might be worth a shot. :D
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
go to sleep
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 18:00:03 pm »
it could well just be her personality - the touchy ones especially have a rough time with the wind down.  stay consistent and she will learn

it may also be that you are starting the wind-down a little too late, and you may want to try starting it 15 minutes earlier to see if it helps.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline mika

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 19:04:40 pm »
well, 2 month later wea'r still in the same problem..only wors! we had a prity bad case of stomek aches for the last month, and the only way she could fall a sleep is on my breast so now every time we get to the ''S'' of EASY she demands the breast and wo'nt take no for an answer .. i try every time to preform a wind down- but it never works i tryied everithing but my baby knoes wat she want and she's not a shame to clame it, and if it does'nt hapen she cryies prity bad (other houers of the day she's an angel). im miserable because i dont want to ruin her ability to relax and dont want to be a human pacifier for houers every day. but i feel that if she finely feel that if she can ask for somthing in this world i shud provide- the psichological need of breast feeding is so importent and it seem to meen so much to her-
im torn with the wish to do what's rite for her
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??  :roll:
thank u
 mika