Author Topic: Last try then im giving up !!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline hana1978

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Last try then im giving up !!
« on: September 11, 2005, 12:11:15 pm »
I go back to work in just one week and im tierd tierd tierd of stressing out about my DS sleep all day long !!  He naps 30-45 mins and not a minute longer - im gonna try WTS 2mrw and give it a few days - if it fails to work im giving up and im just going to go with the flow - ill have to work his feeds around his x4 naps which i know will be tricky.  Hes not overly grumpy all day, although dont get me wrong hes not 100% and he is so tierd i feed him at 6pm and put him to bed but im hopeing if i relax a bit maybe it will just happen i dunno.  Hes even started waking every 45 mins when i put him to bed for a couple of hours but hes v easy to settle then - hope it doesnt get any worse than that - i just cant do it, ive read posts saying shh/patt hardly works to extend naps, i tried it again 2day and gave up after 30mins - ive tried giving him a dummy/pram etc doesnt work - i feel like screaming  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Hana.xx

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:32:23 pm »
Firstly how old is your LO?

I don't really think I've my situation is going to make you happy but you may find that your LO is just like mine  :roll: He didn't get past 45 mins until he was at least 15mths  :shock:

He pretty much woke at 45mins to the second  :shock: and even now he mostly wakes at 90 mins to the second  :roll: (and only 1 nap per day)

When we were dealing with 45mins naps I was ready to pull my hair out and then I realised that no matter what I did - it just didn't work ! So I went with the flow and nothing changed but I was heaps less stressed and I just made sure to do everything that I needed to do as soon as he went down to sleep and kept in my mind that he would be awake in 45mins.

I also found that when if he was overtired (which he was lots of the time) that when he went down to sleep in the night that he would wake every 45mins for about 3 hrs (about 4 wakes) and then he would settle for the night and sleep well (it was kind of like he napped to catch up on the lost sleep and then he finally settled for the night as he was caught up on sleep)

Try to go with the flow - at least you won't be so frustrated !
Eventually things will settle. But I sure know where you are coming from  :wink:
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline albertasweetpea

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 14:27:39 pm »
Awwwwww Hana!!  {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}
If you feel like screaming, go ahead  :lol:  we've all been there and have felt like that from time to time!
My DD still has not conquered naps either, some days she will do 45 minutes every nap (this has been all last week) and sometimes she will surprise me and do 1.5 or 2 hours! It is very very frustrating that's for sure. Also, as Michaela mentioned, if DD does 45 minute naps all day then her night sleep is very, very interrupted! She wakes every 45 minutes to an hour for the first few hours and then is up every couple of hours through the night. Makes it hard to turn in early to catch up on sleep  :shock:
I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice, just support to let you know you are not alone. Scream your head off if it makes you feel better...I've done it!
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag

Offline PRoppo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 20:50:17 pm »
Just wanted to say that I have been working with my LO on her 45 minute naps.  She wakes at about 35 minutes, stares into space and then at about 45 minutes or so starts to make squeaking, fussing noises.  When I go in, she is smiling, and seems ready to get up.  This last week, I did shush/pat for 2 days during naptime to try to extend her naps, in an attempt to get her on more of a true 3 hr EASY schedule (she is 14 wks).  I was able to extend her nap 2 times --up to 1 3/4 hours on one day!  However, both nights that I did this during the day, she was up THREE times during the night!  I can only assume that it was because she had too much sleep during the day.  So, yesterday I went back to letting her sleep her 45 minutes for naps.  Last night, (knock on wood) she was up only once at 4 am to feed, with a DF at 11 pm.  So--my question for you all is...is it safe to assume that she needs only the 45 minutes of naptime during the day?  I just am not sure how I will be able to transition her to a 4 hr EASY schedule (2 naps per day?) with these 45 minute snoozes that she takes!  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Any help is much appreciated...

Patti