Author Topic: sleeping bag ...... or not?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
sleeping bag ...... or not?
« on: September 11, 2005, 22:45:18 pm »
DS is a very "active" sleeper. he rolls from front to end of the cot, and from end to front all night long.

it's getting chilly at night here in uk and i tried to put DS in sleeping bag tonight and see how it goes. but hey !! he woke every hour from 7pm to 11pm, i gave up and took off his sleeping bag. he is now sleeping peacefully (well .... rolling everywhere of course).

shall i keep trying to put him in sleeping bag and let him get used to it? or is there other method to keep him warm without disturbing his movement?

p.s. when he woke tonight, he resettle himself after a few minutes of crying.
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 23:48:44 pm »
You could try using the sleep sacks first during nap time to get him more used to them. Or you may just have to find fleecy or flannel sleepers... :)

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

lil'monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 03:08:41 am »
DD is also a very active sleeper too.  I just put her in a fleece sleeper and that seems to keep her warm.  No use trying the sleeping bag as this only gets her all tangled up and wakes her up.  Don't know how I'm going to transition her into a bed when she is old enough.  I know that she will fall out of it many times.

Offline Jrolph

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 18:31:17 pm »
Hi,

I have wrestled with my son for months trying to keep the blankets on him.  Lately I have decided to let him fall asleep without the blanket on and he falls asleep much easier and then I will go in when he is asleep and slip the blanket over him.  In the morning the blanket is never over him.  I have thought about dressing him in really warm sleepers and just leaving him without a blanket I guess if he gets  cold he will wake me up to put his blanket on.

I guess it's all trial and error.

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 20:47:01 pm »
thank you so much.

you know i never thought of dressing him in fleece sleep suit. haahaaaa... i used to think those are only for outdoor ...haahaa.

i am thinking if i can use velcro tape and stick the blanket on him .... hahaaaa.
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby