Author Topic: AWAKE ALL NIGHT PRACTISING NEW SKILLS!!!  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Olly's Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
AWAKE ALL NIGHT PRACTISING NEW SKILLS!!!
« on: September 12, 2005, 00:35:44 am »
Hi Everyone,

My DS is 6 months old and in last few nights has started waking every hour or more because he is practising crawling/rolling in his cot. He goes to sleep fine by himself, on his back - but soon after ends up in all sorts of positions in his cot and cannot get himself back to sleep.

Does anyone have any ideas/solutions to keep him asleep/on his back???

Olly's Mum

Offline PaulaPR510

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 02:26:21 am »
My DD used a bassinette until she was 2-3 months old when she started to really roll over very easily. She would roll over only to find there wasn't any room to roll into. So she would start to complain and cry and finally wake up (and me too). From that day on, I put her to sleep in her own crib (the size of a twin size bed) in her own room and she rolled all over the crib in her sleep. Since then, I stopped putting her to sleep face up, because it was no use! She would roll over to her tummy while she was asleep. So what could I do? Stand over her crib all night to make sure she didn't sleep on her tummy? No, I just gave in. And u know what? Since then she has been sleeping through the night too.
How big is the baby's cot? Perhaps ur baby's just needs more room.
Good luck!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 03:12:20 am »
Consistency is the key here, your lo needs to get used to the fact he can move & it should get better once it is not such a novelty, if you get too involved, you may make your lo forget the skills he already has.
there is something you can buy called a "safety sleep" or something like that, which I heard someone describe as a sleeping straight-jacket, but I think the best thing is to help him through this develpment by helping him get back to sleep in other positions... they still move around the bed at aged 2!!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05