Author Topic: What age to drop the evening nap?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline StrawberryAnnie2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 12, 2005, 01:01:19 am »
DD is 8 mos old and seems to still need to sleep 2 hrs after eating. Here's what her day looks like:

E 7am
A 7:30-9am
S 9-11am

E 11am
A 11:30-1pm
S 1-3pm

E 3pm
A 3:30-5pm
S catnap

E 7pm
Here's where the problem is. If I nurse her at 7pm, she is WIDE awake until 9 pm. So I'm thinking that I need to drop the evening nap. Tonight I skipped the evening nap and nursed her at 6:30, but she was so wiped that she fell asleep for about 15 min while nursing.  She woke up half way through the feed and was raring to go. She just now fell asleep (8:45pm).  So she can't seem to make it to bedtime w/o a little nap, but she needs to nurse at 7pm for the last feed. Any advice?

Offline dkjokisch

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 18:32:12 pm »
We're on pretty much the same schedule here.  When we've had a good nap day, I just move her bedtime feed up a bit (as early as 6:15pm depending on her mood), otherwise, she will fall asleep while eating and not take a good feed.  If she doesn't take good naps or is otherwise off-schedule, I put her down for a catnap, but no later than 4:30pm, and I don't let her sleep longer than 45min.

When she does catnap, how long does she sleep?  Have you tried feeding her early, say around 6pm?
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
What age to drop the evening nap?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 18:38:39 pm »
Hi.  I think Nathan dropped his catnap around 7 mos.  We were getting the same signals as you that told us he was ready to move to 2 naps.  Can you try to bump up her first and second naps a bit (just 15 min at a time), so that she is not overtired by evening?
Sheila
ng