Author Topic: Milupa Aptamil First and wind  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Jays Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Milupa Aptamil First and wind
« on: September 13, 2005, 19:58:55 pm »
Hi, just wondered if anyone had wind problems with using aptamil 1st? My LO  (5wks old) has reflux but also has problems with bringing up wind easily. We have to be really careful and wind him properly which can take ages or otherwise he projectile vomits later. We can't change his nappy straight after a feed as he's guaranteed to be sick !!

I was wondering whether he should change his formula and to which one. All suggestions welcome. Ive heard of Omneo comfort but he's already on gaviscon and was told not to mix the two together, also Im worried about constipation.

thanks,
ang

Offline frasersmummy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 20:27:06 pm »
my son's on that and he does seems to fart (sorry!) a fair bit! Maybe you could try gently massaging his tummy in a clockwise direction but not when full!! Apparently also bicycle movements are good for getting rid of excess wind. Failing that have you thought about changing teat size? maybe he's drinking too fast? variable flow ones might be worth a go and try feeding him more upright if that is okay to do with reflux. Cooled boiled water is good for bringing up wind if he'll take it. pharmacy's seem up to speed with baby milk alternatives if he's still a windy boy. good luck  :)

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 21:07:22 pm »
Its most likely that your little one is just 'a windy baby' rather than the formula being the culprit. I know a lot of babies who have been on/ are on Aptamil and i have never heard of any such problems with it. That said, you never know! I would try using the infacol drops before each feed, they do work great. Remember they have a culmulative effect and so you may not see results at first but will do after a few days. The one thing that has helped my dc's is gripe water, a 5ml spoon after a feed and it helped them a lot to bring up wind and to ease any discomfort.

HTH x
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline travis's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 21:36:38 pm »
Hi there I was giving my LO aptimil 1 and we had the same problems including difficulty pooing!  Saying that not all babies are the same, I do know of some who are fine with this type of milk. I went to a Ped today and he recomended I change to a lactose free milk to help with the wind and to give 5ml gripe water once a day, we also use infacol with each feed and Dr brown bottles. Try winding him a bit more often to avoid vomiting this is what we find works for us. Hope this info was of some help to you. :lol:

Natalie x

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 00:55:30 am »
Hiya - your post sounds just like me!
Have a look at my post asking for opinions about omneo comfort to read my experiences of Aptamil, wind and omneo comfort...
Helen xx

Offline Jays Mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:27:32 am »
Hi all,

thanks for advice, will try infacol a bit more- don't think we tried it for long enough.

:lol:  :)